Healthy Anzac Biscuits
By Teresa Cutter
What's great about it
While Anzac biscuits are traditionally made with lots of white flour and sugar, this healthy recipe from my award-winning cookbook, Healthy Baking, is based on a combination of rolled oats and heart-healthy olive oil. Serve alongside shaken iced Healthy Chef Turmeric Latte for added antioxidants and an uplifting healthy boost.
100 g (1 cup) rolled oats
75 g (1 cup) desiccated coconut
125 g (1 cup) wholemeal spelt flour
1/4 cup coconut sugar or rapadura
60 ml (1/4 cup) extra virgin olive oil or melted butter
60 ml (1/4 cup) pure maple syrup
2 - 3 tablespoons hot water
1/4 teaspoon bicarb soda
1. PREHEAT oven to 160°C fan-forced.
2. COMBINE oats, coconut, spelt flour, coconut sugar and bicab soda into a mixing bowl.
3. ADD oil, maple syrup and hot water then mix well.
4. DIVIDE biscuits onto baking trays, lined with baking paper.
5. FLATTEN down with your fingertips.
6. BAKE for 20 - 25 minutes until golden.
7. COOL and enjoy.