SuperCharged Scrambled Eggs
By Teresa Cutter
What's great about it
My SuperCharged Eggs sustain lean muscle and support digestion and a healthy immune system. Eggs also boost recovery after exercise because they are rich in protein and potassium. My Super Greens Pesto adds life and freshness to this delicious breakfast. It's rich in chlorophyll that helps to nourish the digestive system, support detoxification and helps to alkalise the body. This is a delicious recipe from my new book "Perfect Digestive Health". It's a staple in my home and it makes a quick and healthy protein-rich meal any time of the day.
3 free-range or organic eggs
1 teaspoon fresh grated turmeric (see notes)
1 teaspoon chia seeds
2 tablespoons organic coconut milk or cream
Pinch sea salt
2 teaspoons cold pressed olive oil
100 g baby spinach leaves
1 tablespoon Super Greens Pesto (see below)
- Whisk eggs, chia turmeric, sea salt and coconut milk in a bowl until combined, then set aside.
- Pour 1 teaspoon of the olive oil into a pan over a low to medium heat.
- Add the spinach and sauté gently for 30 seconds until wilted.
- Remove spinach from the heat.
- Heat a small 20 cm pan over a medium heat with 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- Pour in the egg mixture and gently stir through until the eggs start to set and become creamy.
- Add the wilted spinach and fold through.
- Serve immediately in the pan with Super Greens Pesto and enjoy.
Notes and Inspiration
Super Greens Pesto
1 large bunch parsley
1 large bunch basil
1 clove garlic, smashed
1 - 2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
¼ teaspoon sea salt or to taste
4 tablespoons cold pressed olive oil
- Combine the parsley, basil and garlic into a food processor or high performance blender.
- Process until the herbs have been finely chopped.
- Add lemon juice, pepper, salt and olive oil.
- Mix again until you have a lovely green fragrant paste.
- Store in a glass jar in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Serve eggs with my gluten free Quinoa + Chia Bread
Use ½ teaspoon powdered turmeric in place of fresh.
When making the pesto, add 1 chopped avocado.
More healthy recipes from Teresa Cutter
Shop The Story
Shop The Story
This is a wonderful meal you can whip up in around 10 minutes. What I...