Healthy Anzac Biscuits
What's great about it
While Anzac biscuits are traditionally made with lots of white flour and sugar, this healthy recipe from my award-winning cookbook, Healthy Baking, is based on a combination of rolled oats and heart-healthy olive oil. Serve alongside shaken iced Healthy Chef Turmeric Latte for added antioxidants and an uplifting healthy boost.
175g (1 1/2 cups) rolled oats
150g (1 1/2 cups) desiccated coconut
140g (1 cup) wholemeal spelt flour
125 ml (1/2 cup olive oil) or macadamia nut oil or melted butter
125 ml (1/2 cup) pure maple syrup
3 tablespoons hot water
1/2 teaspoon bicarb soda
1. PREHEAT oven to 160°C fan-forced.
2. COMBINE oats, coconut, spelt flour and bicab soda into a mixing bowl.
3. ADD oil, maple syrup and hot water then mix well to form a soft dough.
4. DIVIDE biscuits onto baking trays, lined with baking paper. I use a small ice cream scoop.
5. FLATTEN down with your fingertips.
6. BAKE for 20 - 25 minutes until golden.
7. COOL and enjoy.