Blueberry, Chia + Banana Pancakes
What's great about it
This is my delicious flourless pancake recipe packed full of wholefood goodness. Made from organic eggs, smashed banana, almond and lush blueberry, making this the perfect healthy indulgence. The banana adds moisture and the almond meal adds structure and richness. What I love about these is that they are easy to make and the whole family will love them. For those who have nut allergies, you can substitute almond meal for 1/2 cup organic desiccated coconut. I love to serve mine with a dollop of lush natural yoghurt or cashew cream + Tahitian vanilla.
Makes 6 pancakes
100 g (1 cup) almond meal (see notes on nut free and high protein option)
1 tablespoon chia seeds or ground flaxseeds
1/2 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
250 g - 2 ripe bananas, smashed
2 organic eggs
125 g blueberries to serve
- Combine smashed banana and eggs.
- Add almond meal, linseed, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Fold in blueberries if using.
- Rest for 5 minutes.
- Heat a pan over a low heat and add a little coconut, macadamia or olive oil.
- Spoon pancake batter into rounds onto the pan and flatten slightly with the back of your spoon.
- Cook over a very low heat. Take your time and don’t rush.
- Flip over and finish cooking.
- Serve and enjoy with natural or coconut yoghurt.
Notes and Inspiration
High protein: Pump up the protein and use 4 tablespoons Healthy Chef Natural Protein in place of the almonds.
Nut-free option: Use 1/2 cup organic desiccated coconut in place of the almond meal for nut free.