Naked Chocolate Brownies
What's great about it
This is my purely delicious brownie recipe from my 80/20 book. It's the perfect recipe for Valentine's Day and chocolate lovers. You can use cacao which gives it a lighter and more subtle chocolate flavour or a lush dark cocoa such as my Naked Chocolat Dark that gives depth and intensity to the whole taste experience. I love to top them with lots of red fruits such as fresh or dried berries and serve in small delicate bite-sized portions that really satisfy.
Makes 12 small brownie bites
250 g (2 cups / 8 3/4 oz) raw almonds or walnuts (see notes)
10 fresh soft pitted dates
3 tablespoons coconut butter or cold pressed coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract or paste
3 heaped tablespoons Naked Chocolat or cacao powder
Pinch sea salt
- Place almonds into a food processor and process until broken up roughly.
- Add Naked Chocolat and sea salt.
- Process again for a few seconds until combined.
- Add dates and process again until the dates have distributed evenly throughout the almonds.
- Add coconut butter and process again until combined.
- Spoon mixture into a bowl.
- Add 1 - 2 tablespoons water - just enough so that the mixture sticks together when squeezed together.
- Press into a 15 cm square tray lined with baking paper.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours to set.
- Cut into small delicate portions.
- Serve topped with your choice of berries.