Roasted Carrots With Almond + Macadamia Dukkah
What's great about it
I absolutely love this salad! It's a staple in my home and it's delicious warm straight out of the oven or cold the next day for a delicious healthy lunch. Roasting brings out the natural flavours of the carrot and the dukkah intensifies the deliciousness. Simple to make and delicious to eat. Carrots contain vitamin A precursors called carotenoids (Beta carotene) that help promote vision and support a healthy immune system.
1 kg organic carrots (I used assorted Heirloom carrots)
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
sea salt - a good pinch
2 large handfuls rocket leaves or organic baby spinach leaves
1 pomegranate, seeded
Labneh, goats cheese or feta to serve
Almond Dukkah to serve
1/4 cup tahini
1/4 cup water
1/2 lemon juiced
1 orange juiced
Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 180 C, fan-forced.
- Place carrots lengthways onto a baking tray.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt.
- Massage the oil and salt over the carrots.
- Spread the carrots out onto 2 baking trays to create room for even roasting if you feel it's necessary.
- Roast for 40 minutes or until golden and softened.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Place the carrots into a bowl and fold through rocket leaves gently.
- Pile onto a serving board and sprinkle pomegranate over the top.
- Combine all the ingredients to form a smooth dressing consistency. Add more water if needed.
- Pour over dressing and top with labneh/ goats cheese/feta and Almond + Macadamia Dukkah