Superfood Raspberry + Coconut Bliss Balls
What's great about it
This scrumptious ball makes a perfect healthy breakfast on the run. I often make a batch over a weekend as a grab-and-go breakfast or snack and it marries perfectly with my matcha latte in the mornings. These delicious Superfood Bliss Balls are full of antioxidants as well as complete protein and healthy fats to keep you satisfied for hours. I absolutely love the combination of cashews combined with Healthy Chef Superfood (a delicious blend of ten organic fruits + vegetables) to help provide nutritional support for optimum health and wellbeing.
Makes 16 generous sized balls
1 ½ cup (225 g) raw cashew nuts
1 cup (75 g) desiccated coconut + more for rolling
Zest of 1 lemon
½ cup (60 g) frozen raspberries
1 tablespoon Healthy Chef Organic Superfood
1/4 cup - 2 generous heaped tablespoons Healthy Chef Vanilla Protein
1 tablespoon cold-pressed coconut oil
1 tablespoon organic maple syrup or rice malt syrup or a little stevia.
- Combine the cashews, coconut, lemon zest, Organic Superfood and Vanilla Protein into a food processor or high-speed blender.
- Process until all of the ingredients have combined and mixture looks crumbly.
- Add the frozen raspberries and blend again for a few seconds until mixed through.
- Transfer the bliss balls from the food processor into a mixing bowl.
- Add the coconut oil and maple syrup, then mix through until combined.
- Roll into 16 bliss balls. I use a small ice cream scoop to make sure they are all the same size.
- Roll balls in desiccated coconut until well coated.
- Store in the fridge to set (about 1 hour).
- Superfood Bliss balls will keep in the fridge for up to 7 days. Perfect to enjoy as a healthy snack, post training recovery fuel or as a healthy and quick breakfast on the go. They can also be frozen.
Notes and Inspiration
The bliss balls are gluten free, sugar free, dairy free, vegan and paleo. For a nut-free option, substitute the cashews for sunflower seeds. You can also use rolled oats however they will not be gluten free if using oats (In Australia only)
For a beautiful colourful finished product, blend desiccated coconut with freezed dried raspberries or beetroot powder for rolling.