Wild Mushroom Hotpot
What's great about it
My Wild Mushroom Hotpot from my cookbook Purely Delicious is the perfect wholesome and nourishing comfort food to revitalise the body and promote good health. Serve in generous bowls and instantly feel the healing benefits.
4 cups (1L / 2 pints) filtered water
600 g (21 oz) Swiss brown mushrooms, sliced
small knob (10g) finely sliced ginger
3 cloves garlic, smashed
4 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
1 - 2 tablespoons shiro miso paste
1 tablespoon wheat free tamari soy sauce
2 tablespoons of Healthy Chef Marine Collagen
nori seaweed to serve
2 spring onions, sliced to serve.
240 g (8 1/2 oz) organic firm silken tofu or steamed white fish to serve (optional)
250 g (8 oz) 100% gluten-free buckwheat soba noodle (cooked)
3 spring onions, sliced
Small bunch of coriander (cilantro) leaves, to garnish
1. Pour the water into a large stainless steel pot, turn on the heat and bring to the boil.
2. Add mushrooms, sliced ginger, garlic and shiitake and simmer partially covered for 15 - 20 minutes until the aromatics have infused into the stock.
3. Add Healthy Chef Marine Collagen, miso, tamari, spring onion, coriander and seaweed and mix through.
5. Taste and adjust the aromatics if required, fold through spring onions.
6 Divide hot cooked buckwheat or rice noodles into serving bowls.
7. Ladle the broth over the noodles and serve.
8. Add warm steamed silken firm tofu if desired for added protein.
Notes and Inspiration
This should be served as a main course meal in large bowls.