Healthy Spelt Lamingtons
What's great about it
Makes 40 mini lamingtons.
250 g butter, softened (see notes)
125 ml maple syrup
2 teaspoons vanilla extract or paste
4 large organic eggs
125 ml milk, your choice
300 g spelt flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
250 g raspberries, fresh or frozen
coconut for rolling
Dark Chocolate Ganache
200 g good dark eating chocolate 80%
200 ml cream
1. PREHEAT you oven to 160°C fan-forced (320°F).
2. PREPARE a 30 x 20 cm (11 x 8 inches) shallow baing tin by lining the base and sides with baking paper.
3. COMBINE butter, maple and vanilla into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment.
4. BEAT well for 6 minutes until creamy.
5. ADD eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
6. ADD milk followed by the spelt flour and baking powder.
7. SPOON the batter into the lined baking tin and sprinkle with raspberries.
8. BAKE for 50 minutes until cooked then cool completely.
9. CUT the lamington into squares.
10. COMBINE all the chocolate ganache ingredients in a small bowl until smooth.
11. DIP each piece of lamington into chocolate ganache then roll in the coconut
12. PLACE onto a clean tray and allow to set.