Skin Firming Vitality Salad
What's great about it
A restorative salad rich in minerals to alkalise and detoxify the body. This is one of my favourite vegan-friendly salads of the moment and I'm enjoying it for lunch most days. Rich in essential nutrients that helps the skin look hydrated and more vibrant. I'm using the home made hummus recipe from my book Purely Delicious as the protein rich base then topping with greens, roasted sweet potato and avocado. This salad is high in antioxidants to protect my cells from damage and high in vitamin C and protein to aid collagen production. It's also full of healthy monounsaturated fats to support nourished glowing skin.
1 small sweet potato, cut into chunks and roasted or you can also use pumpkin
sea salt and pepper to taste
60 g (2 oz) massaged kale or other leafy greens such as spinach, rocket or cos lettuce
2 tablespoons cold pressed avocado oil
1 ripe tomato or chopped cucumber
1/4 red onion, finely sliced
2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
4 generous tablespoons hummus for the base of salad to boost protein recipe from my book Purely Delicious.
- Remove tough stems from the kale leaves and wash well.
- Shred finely and place into a large bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon avocado oil and a pinch of sea salt, squeeze of lemon juice and a little cracked black pepper then massage through the kale leaves for 1 minute until softened.
- Spoon hummus into 2 serving bowls.
- Arrange over the kale, tomato and sweet potato in seperate piles over the hummus.
- Add half an avocado onto each salad and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds.
- Drizzle with the rest of the avocado oil and lemon juice before serving.
Notes and Inspiration
For added protein top with organic egg or smoked salmon.
Add sauerkraut or kimchi for probiotics.