Chocolate Almond Milk
By Teresa Cutter
What's great about it
My Chocolate Almond Milk takes just 5 minutes to make and what I love about it is that you can enjoy it ice cold as a quick pick me up vitality drink or as a warm and nourishing Hot Chocolat that will enliven the senses and nourish the body, mind & soul. I like the lightness of this combination with the subtle hint of sweetness that comes from the dates and vanilla bean in the Naked Chocolate. I've also added protein to make it the perfect electrolyte-rich recovery drink after exercise.
Serves 6 / Makes 1.5 L
1 cup raw almonds
6 cups filtered pure water (use less water for a creamier mylk )
4 fresh pitted dates or a little stevia (adjust accordingly to your taste )
3 tablespoons Healthy Chef Naked Chocolate
2 tablespoons Natural Protein Powder (optional but perfect for post workout)
- Combine almonds, water, dates and Naked Chocolat into a high-speed blender.
- Blend for 30 seconds until smooth and creamy.
- Strain through a muslin or a nut milk bag.
- Pour into a glass jar and store in the fridge until needed.
- Serve cold over or enjoy warm as the best Naked Hot Chocolate.