Healthy Raw Vegan Custard
By Teresa Cutter
What's great about it
This is a deliciously healthy and raw vegan custard that's packed with antioxidants and superfood and made with only 4 ingredients! It's perfect with just about any healthy delight you serve at your festive table. Dollop over fresh fruits or raw desserts, dunk your gluten free gingerbread men or serve alongside your Healthy Christmas Pudding. Made simply with sweet ripe mango cheeks and blended with coconut and a hint of orange. Welcome to paradise.
Makes 1 jar
1 x 400 g (14 oz) can organic coconut milk or cream for a thicker custard
1 teaspoon Healthy Chef Turmeric Latte
1 orange, juiced
- Remove the flesh and skin from the mango and disgard the skin.
- Combine mango flesh into a blender with coconut cream, turmeric latte and the juice of 1 orange.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. Add more orange juice for a thinner custard.
- Pour into a glass jar and store covered in the fridge until needed.
- Serve with your Christmas pudding, raw desserts, pies, tarts, fresh fruit or enjoy straight out of the jar.
- Blend 1/2 cup of the custard with frozen banana for a lush healthy breakfast.
Notes and Inspiration
Add more orange juice if you require more of a pouring custard. Leftover custard can also be blended with a spoonful of Healthy Chef Protein for the ultimate breakfast smoothie or churned in an ice-cream machine for a delicious ice-cream.
More healthy recipes from Teresa Cutter
Shop The Story
A classic favourite, these gingerbread men from my bestselling cookbook Healthy Baking will help spread the...