Mango Chia Pudding
By Teresa Cutter
What's great about it
The tropical freshness of real mango, blended with Healthy Chef Protein, turmeric, chia seeds and pure coconut – is my perfect breakfast of the moment. The recipe is featured in my cookbook Purely Delicious and is rich in protein and omega-3s. Each serve is packed with 10 grams soluble and insoluble fibre to help maintain and lower blood cholesterol as well as support digestive health. The protein in chia is essential for supporting cell regeneration, healthy muscles, hair, skin and nails. Chia is also high in vitamin B that promotes a healthy metabolism - perfect for weight management.
1 cup (250 ml / 8.4 fl oz) water mixed with 1-2 tablespoons of your favourite Healthy Chef Protein
¼ cup (35 g / 1.2 oz) whole white chia seeds
1 delicious mango - you should get about (350 g/12.3 oz) mango flesh from 1 whole mango.
2 tablespoons organic natural yoghurt or you choice of coconut milk or coconut yoghurt if you're dairy-free
1 teaspoon Healthy Chef Turmeric Latte
- Combine water and chia seeds into a bowl and stir gently for 3 minutes.
- Set aside for 20 minutes, stirring 3 – 4 times to allow the chia seeds to form into a soft gel.
- Puree the 350 g / 12.3 oz mango pulp and turmeric latte blend until smooth in a blender.
- Spoon mango pulp into a bowl.
- Add 1/2 cup (180 g) chia gel and 3 tablespoons, natural yoghurt, coconut milk or coconut yoghurt.
- Mix through until combined.
- Divide between 2 serving bowls.
- Garnish each pudding with ¼ mango cheek and drizzle with a light drizzle of coconut milk.
- Serve with a small wedge of lime and enjoy.
Notes and Inspiration
Add passionfruit in place of coconut milk.
Garnish with flaked toasted coconut.
Use left over chia gel and add to smoothies for a delicious omega 3 boost. (check out notes and inspirations below)
Chia gel keeps in the fridge for about 1 week.
Add 1 tablespoon Healthy Chef Protein to boost nutrients.