My Fruit Salad For Digestive Health
By Teresa Cutter
What's great about it
Optimal DIGESTIVE HEALTH is something very personal to me and it's what inspires my recipes I create every day or the products I develop for the healthy chef range. This is a fruit salad I often enjoy for breakfast and I love to top it with a generous spoonful of coconut kefir or natural yoghurt with live cultures then sprinkle over extra goodness such as chia seeds or chopped almonds. It's a great portable fruit salad that you can easily take to work in a mason jar and any leftovers can be blended up into a power smoothie with a few spoonfuls of healthy chef protein.
1 papaya, peeled, seeded and chopped
½ ripe sweet pineapple, peeled and cut into chunks
4 kiwi fruit, peeled and cut into wedges
coconut kefir to serve (optional - see notes)
- Combine papaya, pineapple, kiwi fruit and passionfruit into a bowl.
- Divide into 2 serving dishes.
- Serve alone or with a generous dollop of coconut kefir or natural yoghurt.
- Serve Immediately and enjoy.
Notes and Inspiration
Digestive Health Extras:
- Garnish with fresh summer raspberries, goji or pomegranate seeds.
- Toss with a hint of fresh grated ginger to increase anti-inflammatory effect and stimulate gastric motility.
- Blend this awesome fruit salad with a serve of Healthy Chef Protein to help the body repair and to support a healthy immune system.
A small drizzle of organic coconut cream can be used in place of the coconut kefir you can also make an awesome vanilla cashew cream by blending ½ cup raw cashew nuts, a little vanilla and ½ cup filtered water. Drizzle a little over the fruit and enjoy. The cashew cream will thicken as it rests in the fridge. Add more water for a thinner consistency.
More healthy recipes from Teresa Cutter
Shop The Story
Shop The Story
This is the perfect season to enjoy asparagus. I love this beautiful and simple salad...