Paleo Pumpkin Bread
By Teresa Cutter
What's great about it
Here is a delicious gluten-free bread recipe. What I love about it is that it's really easy to make. Most pumpkin breads use smashed cooked pumpkin, but I decided to have a go at using grated raw pumpkin to save a little time. This creates a lovely texture that's moist on the inside which makes it wonderful to eat with both savoury and sweet toppings. I love mine topped with macadamia nut butter and a little honey or as a side to a vegetable based soup topped with avocado, but serve it as you wish.
450 g (16 oz) grated raw pumpkin (winter squash)
4 whole organic eggs
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup (60 ml/2 fl oz) extra virgin olive oil, macadamia nut oil or cold pressed coconut oil
2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder (you can also use 3/4 teaspoon baking soda + a tablespoon lemon juice
3 cups (300g/10 1/2 oz) almond meal
1 tablespoon honey (optional)
pumpkin seeds to sprinkle on top
- Preheat your oven to 150°C fan-forced or 180°C if your oven has no fan.
- Combine the pumpkin, eggs, salt, nutmeg and oil into a bowl.
- Add the almond meal and baking powder and mix well.
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper at the base and the sides.The size I used was: 10 1/2 cm wide and 26 cm long.
- Spoon the mixture into the loaf tin and sprinkle the top with the pumpkin seeds.
- Bake for approximately 1 1/2 hours - check after 1 hour and test as times may vary depending on your oven and temperature.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest in the tin for 1 hour before removing from the tin.
- Cool and enjoy.
Notes and Inspiration
This beautiful bread goes perfectly with slices of avocado or topped with my macadamia nut butter.
More healthy recipes from Teresa Cutter
Shop The Story
Shop The Story
One of my favourite breads of all time is banana bread. I bake lots of...