Cinnamon Roasted Sweet Potato
What's great about it
Sweet potatoes are a healthy low GI carb source that’s high in beta-carotene the precursor to vitamin A - important for eye health. It’s also rich in potassium which is necessary for muscle contraction, nerve transmission, normal blood pressure and to help regulate fluid balance in the body, making them a great recovery food after exercise. Sweet potatoes are also loaded with glutathione, an antioxidant that helps to nourish our immune system and protect against disease. The cinnamon not only makes these sweet potatoes taste extremely delicious, but it also improves insulin’s efficiency, which lowers and helps to regulate blood sugar levels.
500 g (17 1/2 oz) sweet potato, cut into wedges
1 tablespoon olive oil
pinch sea salt
1 generous teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 200 C / 400 F.
- Combine sweet potato with olive oil, salt and cinnamon.
- Add a little more olive oil if needed.
- Arrange onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Make sure to spread the wedges out into a single layer so they roast properly.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until tender and golden.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.
Notes and Inspiration
Serve with a side of tomato salsa made with chilli, garlic, lime and coriander.