Muesli Power Bars
What's great about it
These delicious homemade Muesli Bars are from my multi-award-winning cookbook Purely Delicious, and are so much healthier than the traditional store-bought bars. They're perfect for lunch boxes or afternoon snacks at home, with the right foods to keep your energy levels on the right track.
Makes 16 slices
3 cups (350 g) natural bircher muesli
3 organic eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract or paste
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ cup (60 ml) olive oil
¼ cup (60 ml) raw honey or maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 160°C - fan forced.
- Combine muesli, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, olive oil and honey in one large bowl until mixed through.
- Spoon into a baking tin lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes until golden.
- Cool then cut into 16 pieces.
Notes and Inspiration
For gluten-free, substitute bircher muesli for gluten-free bircher.
For those with egg allergies, replace eggs with mashed banana.
Add 1 tablespoon of Healthy Chef Protein for a boost of amino acids.
These bars will keep in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Store in the fridge.