What's great about it
I absolutely love drinking cashew milk. It's purely delicious, velvety and creamy white that's perfect on it's own, served along side a batch of my chocolate chip cookies or blended into super yummy power smoothies. What I love about cashew nut milk is that it requires no straining after blending, so all you have to do is pour into a glass and enjoy. Cashews are high in the amino acid tryptophan which helps to make serotonin – the 'feel good' hormone responsible for feelings of wellbeing and feeling great! Cashews are also a good source of magnesium essential for energy metabolism and nerve function.
1 cup (145 g / 5 oz) raw cashew nuts
6 cups (1.5 litres) filtered water
4 - 6 fresh pitted dates
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste, extract or 1 vanilla bean, scraped
pinch sea salt
- Soak cashews overnight in 2 cups of water.
- Drain the soaking water.
- Place cashews, 6 cups of water, dates, vanilla and sea salt into a high performance blender.
- Blend for 30 seconds or until milk is creamy white. You don't need to strain this milk - it will be pure, creamy and delicious.
- Store in a glass bottle or jar in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Enjoy , nourish and delight.
Notes and Inspiration
Add a pinch of ground cinnamon.
Use a little manuka honey, stevia or pure maple syrup in place of dates.
Boost protein and add 2 tablespoons Healthy Chef Protein to pump up the protein in the milk.