Apple Tea Cake
By Teresa Cutter
What's great about it
Makes 1 cake
3 organic eggs
100 ml (3 fl oz) extra virgin olive oil or macadamia nut oil
100 ml (3 fl oz) pure maple syrup
3 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
240 g (2 cups / 8 oz) wholemeal spelt flour
750 g (24 oz) golden delicious or pink lady apples, finely diced with the skin
1. PREHEAT your oven to 160°C (320°F) fan-forced.
2. COMBINE eggs, olive oil, maple syrup, baking powder, cinnamon and vanilla into a mixing bowl.
3. ADD spelt flour and mix through into a smooth batter.
4. FOLD in the finely diced apples and mix through until all the apples are coated with the batter.
5. POUR into a prepared loaf tin, lined with baking paper.
6. BAKE for 60 minutes until cooked through then remove from the oven to cool.
7. SERVE warm or at room temperature and enjoy.
Notes and Inspiration
Use oat flour in place of spelt flour.
More healthy recipes from Teresa Cutter
Shop The Story
This apple pie smoothie is incredible and bursting with health benefits. It's been my daily breakfast...
If you crave a quick, healthy + delicious breakfast on the run then these wholesome...