Banana + Oatmeal Cookies
By Teresa Cutter
What's great about it
This is a power packed cookie that will energise and sustain your body for hours! It's my healthy cookie recipe that's perfect to pack into a lunch box and made from banana, rolled oats, coconut, cinnamon and vanilla. What I love about making them is that you can just throw all the ingredients into a bowl and mix. It's important to mix them well - for about 5 minutes either by hand or in your stand mixer. The more you mix, the more the cookies start to hold together. I've added plump raisins into mine, but I also love to add chocolate chips that will make them really yummy. To pump up the protein I also love to replace some of the oats with a few spoonfuls of Healthy Chef Protein.
Makes 12 cookies
150 g smashed ripe banana
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
200 g (2 cups / 7 oz) rolled oats
½ cup desiccated coconut
½ cup raisins or good quality dark chocolate chips or a little of both - you can also use dried blueberries
¼ cup organic maple syrup
¼ cup olive oil or soft butter
- Preheat your oven to 130°C / 270°F.
- Combine all the ingredients into a large bowl.
- Mix together well with your hands, squeezing the mixture together until it starts to bind. To make it easier... just combine in a food processor and it will do the job perfectly.
- Form into 12 cookies. I like to use a small ice cream scoop for this, but you can also use a tablespoon or your hands.
- Flatten slightly.
- Bake in a moderately low oven for 30 - 35 minutes or until golden and set on the outside.
- Cool and enjoy.
Notes and Inspiration
Will keep for 4 days wrapped in a sealed container.
Pump up the protein and add 2 tablespoons Healthy Chef Protein.
Make into healthy muesli bars and add a spoonful of almond butter and seeds. Press into a baking tray and cut into bars when cold.
More healthy recipes from Teresa Cutter
Shop The Story
Shop The Story
Here's my delicious recipe for gingerbread cookies that I love to bake this time of...