Cold-Pressed Matcha Almond Milk
By Teresa Cutter
What's great about it
This is my spectacular dairy-free milk recipe from my cookbook Purely Delicious as well as The Healthy Chef Recipe App. I've added 2 teaspoons of Healthy Chef Matcha that helps boost antioxidants and provides all day sustained energy. One bowl of matcha tea is equivalent to 10 cups of green tea – it's a powerful, green tonic to revitalise the body and mind. Matcha is particularly rich in catechins, a powerful flavonoid shown to have antioxidant, anti-cancer and heart protective properties. It also contains high levels of L-theanine, a unique blend of amino acid, to help reduce stress and anxiety.
Makes 1.2 L
1 cup (155g / 5 ½ oz) raw almonds (soaked overnight in water and drained)
6 cups (1L / 2 pints) filtered water
2 teaspoons Healthy Chef Organic Ceremonial Grade Matcha
6 fresh medjool dates, pitted or stevia
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or powder
- Combine almonds, matcha, pitted fresh dates, vanilla and cold water into a good high speed blender like a Vitamix.
- Blend at high speed until creamy - This should take about a 30 seconds.
- Strain through a fine sieve, muslin or cheese cloth. Give your bag a good squeeze to remove all the excess moisture. The pulp can be used for other recipes such as power balls, cookies, or gluten free crackers.
- Pour into clean bottles or jars.
- Store matcha milk for about 4 days in the fridge.
Notes and Inspiration
For an instant matcha milk:
Blend 2 tablespoons raw cashew butter, macadamia butter or coconut butter with two cups of filtered water and 1 teaspoon of Healthy Chef Organic Ceremonial Grade Matcha. Blend until smooth and creamy and you have a purely delicious and creamy matcha milk.
Blend 1 1/2 cups of matcha milk with 1 frozen banana and 2 tablespoons Healthy Chef Protein for a delicious healthy breakfast! Enjoy the boost of antioxidants and pour over your next bowl of granola!