Healthy Vegetable Detox Curry
By Teresa Cutter
What's great about it
This curry is bursting with flavour, antioxidants and restorative nutrients that have all been specifically combined to help nourish the body, boost metabolism and basically make you feel great! The vegetables have minimal cooking times, so they are still bursting with colour, flavour and nutrients. The aromatic flavours of the curry paste will stimulate the circulation and boost metabolism.
300 ml coconut milk
600 ml vegetable stock
2 tablespoons red or green curry paste
500 g assorted vegetables ( zucchini, asparagus broccoli, cauliflower)
300 g silken organic tofu, sliced
3 Kaffir lime leaves, crushed
sea salt and white pepper to taste
handful coriander to garnish
- Combine the coconut milk and vegetable stock in a saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Add the curry paste and kaffir lime leaves.
- Simmer gently for 3 – 5 minutes.
- Add vegetables and simmer for another 5 minutes until vegetables are just tender.
- Squeeze in 1 tablespoon of lime juice and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Arrange tofu at the base of the serving dish.
- Ladle curry and vegetables straight into serving bowls over the tofu and garnish with coriander.
Notes and Inspiration
This is a perfect dish for meat-free Mondays or to enjoy as the perfect 15 minute meal.