Cinnamon Chai Cashew Milk
By Teresa Cutter
What's great about it
This delicious smoothie is packed full of protein and satisfies that craving for something a little indulgent and sweet mid afternoon. Cashew nuts are packed with protein, antioxidants and minerals including magnesium and copper. Cashews are also a good source of magnesium essential for energy metabolism and nerve function. Cinnamon improves insulin’s efficiency, which helps regulate blood sugar levels. Vanilla helps relax the nervous system and reduce inflammation. It is rich in antioxidants and can also enhance mental performance. Ginger has potent antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties.
Makes 3 cups
1/2 cup raw cashew nuts
3 cups water
2 teaspoons protein powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or ground vanilla powder
3 fresh pitted dates
- Soak cashew nuts in water for 3 hours, then drain and rinse.
- Add cashew nuts to a blender and add the 3 cups of water, protein, cinnamon, ginger, vanilla and fresh pitted dates.
- Blend on high speed for about 1 minute or until creamy.
- Pour into a glass jar, cover and refrigerate until icy cold.
- Enjoy when you feel like a creamy, protein rich, dairy free treat.
Notes and Inspiration
Serve in glasses filled with ice and dust over a little ground cinnamon.
Add 2 teaspoons Naked Chocolat for a chocolate treat.
Blend 1 cup of cashew milk with 1 frozen banana for the ultimate power smoothie.
Add a pinch of turmeric and smallest pinch of nutmeg for the ultimate anti-inflammatory healthy eggnog.
Use a little raw honey or stevia to sweeten in place of dates.