Flourless Banana + Turmeric Pancakes
By Teresa Cutter
What's great about it
This is my delicious flourless pancake recipe featured in Purely Delicious. Enjoy this indulgent and antioxidant rich breakfast that’s perfect for a weekend breakfast. I’ve just adapted it a little to include Healthy Chef Turmeric Latte into the batter. The result is these truly amazing – healthy pancakes with a dazzling golden hue. I love to serve them with a dollop of my blueberry chia jam or served simply with a little yoghurt and a drizzle of maple syrup.
1 medium ripe banana - about 125g in total
3 organic eggs
1 cup almond meal or desiccated coconut
1 tablespoon ground golden flaxseeds or whole white chia seeds
½ teaspoon Healthy Chef Turmeric Latte
½ teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
125 g blueberries (for blueberry pancakes - optional)
blueberries or blueberry chia jam or maple syrup to serve
- Combine mashed banana and eggs.
- Add almond meal, flaxseeds, Healthy Chef Turmeric Latte, baking powder.
- Rest for 10 minutes and allow the batter to thicken.
- Heat a pan over a low heat and add a little ghee, coconut or olive oil. For each pancake, spoon 2 tablespoons of pancake batter into the pan to form a circle and flatten slightly with the back of your spoon.
- Cook over a very low heat. Take your time and don’t rush. If you are using blueberries, just sprinkle a few of them over the top of the pancake before flipping over.
- Flip over the pancake and finish cooking.
- Serve and enjoy your pancakes with blueberry chia jam or a drizzle of maple syrup.
- Enjoy dolloped with creme fraiche or thick yoghurt.
Notes and Inspiration
For more delicious pancake recipes check out my Ricotta Pancakes, Buckwheat Pancakes, or Pancakes w/ Orange Blossom Honey.
High protein: Pump up the protein and use 4 tablespoons Healthy Chef Natural Pea Protein in place of the almonds.
Nut-free option: Use organic desiccated coconut in place of the almond meal for a nut-free version.