Overnight Superfood + Yoghurt Oats
By Teresa Cutter
What's great about it
When you combine Healthy Chef Organic Superfood and natural cultured yoghurt, something magical happens... a crimson emulsion of organic ingredients reminiscent of fresh, luscious berries in the spring time that instantly makes you feel healthy and nourished. This recipe is quite similar to a classic Bircher muesli incorporating freshly grated apple, organic oats and fresh ginger that helps soothe the digestive system.
250 ml (1 cup) thick Greek-style yoghurt or coconut yoghurt, if dairy-free
50 g (1/2 cup) organic rolled oats
1/2 tablespoon Organic Superfood
1 red apple, grated
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
60 g (1/2 cup) organic raspberries (fresh or frozen) see notes
1/4 cup fresh grated beetroot (optional)
Juice from 1/2 lime plus a splash of water
Add fresh berries and mint to serve
The night before:
- Combine yoghurt, oats, Organic Superfood, apple, vanilla and 1 teaspoon of the freshly grated ginger into a glass or ceramic bowl.
- Cover and allow to sit in the fridge overnight to develop and the oats soften.
- Make the berry puree and blend the rest of the ginger, raspberries, beetroot, lime and a splash of water.
In the morning:
- Fold through a little of the berry puree through the oats then divide into serving bowls.
- Garnish with more berry puree and extra yoghurt. Add fresh mint or extra berries to serve.