Gluten-Free Anzac Biscuits
By Teresa Cutter
What's great about it
This is the perfect cookie for gluten-free diets that will satisfy that sweet cookie craving, it’s hard to stop at one. These tasty biscuits help boost your metabolism, repair muscle and help stabilise blood sugar levels. Store for about 4 – 5 days for when you’re craving something sweet and healthy.
Makes 20 cookies
100g (1 cup) almond meal
100g (1 cup) flaked almonds
75g (1 cup) organic desiccated coconut
80g (1/4 cup) raw honey
60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil or butter
1/2 teaspoon bicarb soda
1 - 2 tablespoons water
1. COMBINE almond meal, flaked almonds and coconut.
2. COMBINE honey and olive oil into a small pot and heat gently.
3. MIX the bicarb and water, then pour into the honey pot and mix until it starts to froth.
4. POUR the wet mix into the dry ingredients and mix well until combined.
5. ADD a little water if needed, to combine and help them stick together.
6. FORM into 20 cookies.
7. BAKE in a low pre-heated oven 120°C (248°F) for 30 minutes until golden.
8. COOL and enjoy.
Notes and Inspiration
Boost these super delicious Anzac Biscuits with pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and chia! Just replace half of the flaked almonds with your super nutritious seed mix.
Add 2 tablespoons Healthy Chef Protein for a boost of pure protein and a more complete snack.