Iced Turmeric Latte
What's great about it
I love the combination of homemade macadamia milk and Healthy Chef Turmeric Latte – it’s my ultimate nourishing drink that tastes purely delicious. Turmeric milk, also known as “golden milk” possesses digestive health properties, which means this soothing elixir is really good for you. It’s also low FODMAP so it’s kind on the tummy after you drink it.
TO MAKE MY CREAMY ALMOND + MACADAMIA NUT MILK in the recipe:
1 cup almonds + 1/4 cup macadamia nuts (soaked overnight in water and drained)
4 fresh dates, pitted
6 cups filtered water
TO MAKE MY TURMERIC LATTE
2 ½ cups macadamia nut milk
1 teaspoon of Healthy Chef Turmeric Latte
1 spoonful of raw organic honey or maple syrup (optional)
- Blend all the nut milk ingredients in a high-speed blender.
- Strain through a nut milk bag.
- Combine nut milk into a blender with the 1 teaspoon of Healthy Chef Turmeric Latte or shaker bottle with ice.
- Mix until smooth and spices have mixed through the milk.
- Pour into 2 glasses and garnish with a little orange zest or slices of orange.
Notes and Inspiration
Traditional recipes include peppercorns or a pinch of ground pepper that can enhance the absorption of the curcumin (the main component found in turmeric).
Nut milk keeps in the fridge for about 4 days.
You can also enjoy cold blended into the most amazing breakfast smoothie. Blend with frozen banana, mango, Natural Immune Support and a scoop of Healthy Chef Protein for the ultimate protein rich start to the day.