By Teresa Cutter
What's great about it
When I need something sustaining for lunch or dinner, I love to make a Nourish Bowl, filled with nutrient-rich ingredients that will elevate my health to the next level. The Nourish Bowl includes nutrient dense veggies, healthy fats, and quality proteins for a delicious and satiating meal. The Nourish Bowl is what I call a huge salad bowl... the base can be spread with a creamy dressing such as my hummus, baba ghanoush, avocado dip or green tahini. This provides essential fats and proteins that will assist with nutrient absorption when you eat it.
- Greens - baby spinach, cos lettuce, rocket, kale, micro greens, sprouts etc.
- Proteins - nuts + seeds, tahini, hummus, organic eggs and wild-caught fish, organic chicken.
- Healthy fats - avocado, extra virgin olive oil, olives, nuts, seeds, tahini.
- Veggies - carrots, broccoli, cucumbers, zucchini, peas, cauliflower, sweet potato, roasted pumpkin or other seasonal veggies you love.
- Boosters - fermented veggies like kimchi or sauerkraut, tahini dressing, seaweed, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, dukkah enriched with turmeric, fresh grated ginger, raw chopped garlic.
- Dressings - hummus, pesto, extra virgin olive oil mixed with lemon, vinaigrette made with apple cider vinegar, dijon mustard and olive oil.
- COMBINE kale, zucchini and iceberg into separate bowls.
- MASSAGE the kale with a little olive oil, lemon juice and salt for 1 minute until it starts to wilt......what I love about this salad is that it keeps well for 3 days in the fridge, so it's a meal you can enjoy when you're busy and stressed for time.
- DRIZZLE a little olive oil and lemon into the zucchini and toss through...you can also add fresh herbs or fold through freshly made pesto.
- SPREAD hummus over the base of 2 serving dishes.
- TOP with kale, lettuce and zucchini.
- CUT an avocado in half and arrange over each salad.
- GARNISH with pumpkin seeds and enjoy.
Notes and Inspiration
I've used massaged kale, shredded zucchini and shredded iceberg lettuce.
As a base, I've used homemade hummus to add protein and healthy fats.
More healthy recipes from Teresa Cutter
Shop The Story
Shop The Story
For as long as I can remember, the journey toward better digestive health has been...
I'm pleased to announce the launch of my new book 'Perfect Digestive Health". It's the...
I love this pure NUT FREE and anti-inflammatory dairy free milk that is rich in restorative...