Detox Pumpkin Seed Milk
What's great about it
I love this pure NUT FREE and anti-inflammatory dairy free milk that is rich in restorative minerals such as zinc, copper, magnesium and potassium that enhances libido and balances your hormones. It is featured in my cookbook Purely Delicious, along with 10 more dairy free milks that are suitable for everyone. This milk is great for people who are looking for a nut-free alternative to almond or cashew milk. Pumpkin seeds are high in minerals and trace minerals such as magnesium, phosphorus and manganese as well as zinc, iron, copper, protein and essential fatty acids.
Makes 1.2 L
1 cup pumpkin seeds (soaked)
1 teaspoon organic matcha green tea powder
6 cups filtered water
4 fresh pitted dates or 1 tablespoon raw honey or a little stevia
2 tablespoons Coconut butter....you can also use tahini
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- COMBINE pumpkin seeds, matcha, water, dates. coconut butter, vanilla and salt.
- BLEND well for 30 seconds to 1 minutes until milk is creamy and blended.
- STRAIN through a nut milk bag or a piece of muslin cloth or fine sieve.
- POUR into a glass jug and store in the fridge until needed.
- HALVE the recipe if you need to make a smaller amount.
- KEEPS in the fridge for 4 days.
Notes and Inspiration
- ADD 1 tablespoon ground golden flaxseeds for omega 3.
- COMBINE with frozen mango, baby spinach, lime juice, protein and organic wheatgrass powder for the most delicious breakfast smoothie.
- BLEND with Healthy Chef Protein for a simple and delicious, mineral and protein rich goodness shake.
- POUR over Healthy Chef Granola or use in your next chia pudding.
Pumpkin seeds are perfect for those who are detoxification programs as they are easy to digest. The high mineral and protein content of pumpkin seeds also supports collagen production for healthy skin. A spoonful of coconut butter or tahini (made from sesame seeds) helps to make it creamy as well as fight inflammation.