Peaches With Vanilla + Cashew Cream
What's great about it
4 ripe yellow or white peaches.
1 cup (130g / 4 1/2 oz) raspberries
Juice of 1 orange
2 tablespoons of almonds, chopped
Cashew vanilla bean cream to serve (see below)
Cashew Vanilla Bean Cream
1 cup (140 g/ 5 oz) raw cashew nuts or macadamia nuts (see notes)
1/2 cup (125 ml / 4 1/2 fl oz) water, depending on the consistency you like and how thick you love your cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean extract or paste
1. Half the peaches and remove the stone.
2. Blend raspberries with orange juice until smooth and pour into a small bowl and set aside.
3. Wash your blender and make your cashew nut cream by combining all of the cream ingredients and blending until smooth and creamy.
4. To serve spoon raspberry puree onto serving plates and top with ripe peaches.
5. Dollop over cream and garnish with almonds.
6. Serve immediately and enjoy.
Notes and Inspiration
For best results, soak your cashew nuts for about 6 hours or overnight in 2 cups of water. Drain the soaking water before making your cream and blend the nuts with the required 1/2 cup of water until smooth and creamy.
For fresh coconut cream blend the flesh from 1 young coconut with 1/2 cup of the coconut water until thick and creamy.
Use lush thick organic yoghurt or kefir in place of cream.
Use pistachio or ground LSA in place of almonds.
Sprinkle peaches with cinnamon then roast peach halves in the oven until soft and collapsed slightly. Serve warm with cashew cream and enjoy.