Breakfast Banana Oatmeal Cookies
By Teresa Cutter
What's great about it
From my award-winning cookbooks Healthy Baking + Purely Delicious, these Breakfast Banana Oatmeal Cookies are made from all-natural ingredients and free from the processed sugars and preservatives found in many store bought cookies.
Bursting with banana and Healthy Chef Protein goodness, these cookies are the ultimate go-to for a purely delicious cookie and super fun for the kids to get busy making! Bananas and dates are great energy boosters and excellent sources of potassium, an essential mineral for maintaining normal blood pressure and heart function.
Makes 12 cookies
2 smashed ripe bananas
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup Healthy Chef Protein (you can use natural or vanilla in these cookies)
150 g rolled organic oats
100 g desiccated coconut
100 g fresh dates (pitted and chopped)
1 apple, finely chopped
60 ml extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
60 ml organic maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Generous pinch sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 160°C / 320°F – fan forced.
- Combine smashed banana, vanilla, cinnamon, olive oil and maple.
- Add oats, coconut, dates, apple and Healthy Chef Protein.
- Mix together well and allow to sit for 5 minutes to allow the oats to soften.
- Form into 12 cookies. I like to use a small ice cream scoop for this.
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes or until golden.
- Cool and enjoy.
- Best eaten within 1 - 2 days.