Power Protein Cookies
What's great about it
Made from completely natural ingredients and free from the processed sugars and preservatives found in many store bought protein cookies, these cookies are a complete healthy meal in a purely delicious cookie. As the perfect post-recovery meal, it can help assist with protein synthesis. Bananas and dates are a terrific energy food and a great source of potassium, an essential mineral for maintaining normal blood pressure and heart function. They add moisture and sweetness to baked goods, which means you don’t need to add any refined sugar. Apples are naturally rich in bioflavonoids which have been found to support immunity and general health. Olive oil is an anti-inflammatory heart healthy fat that works beautifully to bind this cookie together.
Makes 12 cookies
2 smashed ripe bananas
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup Healthy Chef Protein (you can use natural or vanilla in these cookies)
150 g rolled organic oats
100 g desiccated coconut
100 g fresh dates (pitted and chopped)
1 apple, finely chopped
60 ml extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
60 ml organic maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Generous pinch sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 160°C / 320°F – fan forced.
- Combine smashed banana, vanilla, cinnamon, olive oil and maple.
- Add oats, coconut, dates, apple and Healthy Chef Protein.
- Mix together well and allow to sit for 5 minutes to allow the oats to soften.
- Form into 12 cookies. I like to use a small ice cream scoop for this.
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes or until golden.
- Cool and enjoy.
- Best eaten within 1 - 2 days.