Quinoa Salad + Pomegranate Dressing
By Teresa Cutter
What's great about it
This is my delicious healthy summer salad of the moment. I wanted something that was vegetarian-friendly and I loved the idea of making a tabouli style salad using a little quinoa and lots of fresh parsley, mint and spinach.
1 cup cooked quinoa
2 cups parsely chopped
2 cups mint, chopped
2 large handfuls, baby spinach leaves
1 small red onion or 2 shallots, finely sliced
2 Lebanese cucumbers, chopped
2 ripe tomato, chopped or 250 g cherry tomatoes
20 g pumpkin seeds
20 g almonds or pistachio, chopped
Jewels from 1 fresh seeded pomegranate or a handful of goji berries
- Combine all the dressing ingredients until creamy. Taste and check, it should be lovely.
- Mix together parsley, mint, spring onion and spinach.
- Add the tomato, cucumber, seeds, quinoa and almonds.
- Mix in a few tablespoons of the dressing.
- Spoon into a large serving bowl and enjoy.
- Have extra dressing on the side in case you need more.
Notes and Inspiration
2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
2 tablespoons lemon juice
80 ml cold pressed olive oil
Fresh ground pepper