Raw Banoffee Pie
By Teresa Cutter
What's great about it
60 g (2 oz / 1/2 cup) raw or activated almonds
60 g (2 oz / 1/2 cup) raw cashew nuts
50 g (1 3/4 oz / 1/2 cup) desicated coconut
2 tablespoons organic maple syrup or raw honey
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons cold-pressed coconut oil
CARAMEL COFFE FILLING:
120 g (4 oz / 1 cip) raw cashew nuts, soaked for 3 hours and drained
60 ml (2 fl oz / 1/4 cup) cold brewed coffee
125 ml (4 fl oz / 1/2 cup) almond milk
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
3 fresh dates, pitted or 2 tablespoons organic maple syrup
60 ml (2 fl oz / 1/4 cup) cold-pressed coconut oil
1. COMBINE almonds, cashew nuts and coconut into a food processor or Vitamix blender.
2. BLEND until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs, then add the honey, cinnamon and coconut oil and mix through.
3. PRESS into a tart shell or crumble into individual serving glasses.
4. BLEND cashew nuts, coffee, almond milk, banana, vanilla and dates into a blender until creamy and smooth, then add in coconut oil until combined.
5. SPOON caramel over the top of the base and set in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
6. DECORATE with whipped coconut cream or yoghurt, sliced banana and a generous dusting of cinnamon.
Notes and Inspiration
Drizzle with salted caramel sauce by combining 90 g (3 oz / 1/2 cup) fresh pitted dates, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, 2 tablespoons cold-pressed coconut oil and (4 fl oz / 1/2 cup) hot filtered water.
More healthy recipes from Teresa Cutter
Shop The Story
What I love about this cake is that it's not like traditional Christmas Cakes that...