MY 3 INGREDIENT PUMPKIN PIE
By Teresa Cutter
What's great about it
The pumpkin is high in antioxidants A,C+E to boost the immune system and nourish healthy skin. It's also high in minerals such as potassium and magnesium to support cardiovascular health. This pumpkin pie is truly a spectacular dish that you'll love to eat and your body will thank you for it.
2 small butternut pumpkins or 1/4 Kent (Jap) pumpkin, cut into wedges
generous amount of extra virgin olive or avocado oil to drizzle
a wonderful dusting of ground cinnamon
pure maple syrup to drizzle
hazelnuts, walnuts, macadamias or pistachio to serve
thick coconut or Greek yoghurt to serve
1. PREHEAT your oven to 200°C (400°F) fsan-forced.
2. CUT the pumpkin in half, remove the seeds and arrange onto a baking dish or cast iron pan. Alternatively, if you're using Kent pumpkin, cut into wedges.
3. DRIZZLE pumpkin with olive oil and dust with cinnamon.
4. ROAST for 60 minutes or until the pumpkin is wonderfully golden brown and soft. You need a lovely dark roast for this pie to taste and look spectacular.
5. REMOVE from the oven and cool slightly.
6. DRIZZLE generously with maple and sprinkle over nuts.
7. SERVE with yoghurt and enjoy.
Notes and Inspiration
Scatter with finely grated dark chocolate after baking or top with almond crumble half way through baking.