THE WORLD'S HEALTHIEST CHOCOLATE CAKE
By Teresa Cutter
What's great about it
This luxurious chocolate cake is brimming with health benefits and antioxidants. I love that’s it is super-moist and rich in heart-healthy essential fats from the Grove avocado oil. In addition, this cake is gluten-free, dairy-free and refined sugar-free, making it the perfect healthy treat for everyone. Best enjoyed with a generous lather of chocolate avocado frosting (see notes)!
125 ml (½ cup/4 fl oz) Grove extra virgin avocado oil
125 ml (½ cup/4 fl oz) almond milk
125 ml (½ cup/4 fl oz) pure maple syrup
4 organic eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
60 g (½ cup/2 oz) Dark Naked Chocolat or dark cocoa powder
300 g (3 cups/10½ oz) almond meal
avocado frosting to serve (see inspiration)
1. PREHEAT your oven to 160°C (320°F) fan-forced.
2. COMBINE avocado oil, almond milk, maple syrup, eggs and vanilla into a bowl.
3. ADD the baking powder, cocoa and almond meal and mix through until combined.
4. BAKE for 45 minutes until cooked then remove from the oven to cool.
5. COMBINE frosting ingredients until smooth then ice the cake generously.
6. STORE in the fridge until ready to serve.
7. DOULBLE the recipe if making a double layered cake with frosting.
Notes and Inspiration
To make the avocado frosting combine the flesh from 2 ripe avocados,
125 ml (½ cup/4 fl oz) pure maple syrup, 125 ml (½ cup/4 fl oz) coconut cream, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, 60 g (½ cup/2 oz) dark cocoa powder and a generous pinch of sea salt. Blend until smooth and use as the frosting for the cake.