Lamington Bliss Balls
By Teresa Cutter
What's great about it
Purely delicious Lamington Bites packed with wholefood goodness. And you won't feel guilty indulging in these little treats as they are free from refined sugars! The perfect healthy treat to satisfy that craving when you need something sweet.
Cashews are high in the amino acid tryptophan which helps to make serotonin – the 'feel good' hormone responsible for feelings of wellbeing and feeling great! Cashews are also a good source of magnesium essential for energy metabolism and nerve function.
Makes 24 balls
200 g raw cashew nuts
50 g almond meal
1 cup desiccated coconut
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons maple syrup
2 tablespoons Healthy Chef Protein
Raw Chocolate Dipping Sauce
1/4 cup cacao butter
1 tablespoon organic maple syrup
1 tablespoon tahini, room temperature
2 tablespoons Naked Chocolate
- Combine cashew nuts, coconut, almonds and salt into a food processor.
- Process for a few seconds or until the mixture looks like fine golden crumbs. If you are wanting to add more protein then please add 2 tablespoons of protein at this stage.
- Add vanilla, maple and coconut oil.
- Mix until the raw lamington comes together.
- Roll into small balls and set aside.
- Place cacao butter into a small bowl and sit over some freshly boiled water for a few seconds until it melts then remove quickly from the heat.
- Add the rest of the ingredients from the dipping sauce recipe and mix well - I normally use a small mini hand whisk.
- Dip balls into the chocolate sauce then roll into coconut.
- Store in the fridge (covered) for up to 2 weeks.
- Enjoy and delight.
Notes and Inspiration
For a variation of this recipe... omit the dipping sauce all together and add 2 tablespoons of Naked Chocolate to the base recipe before blending for a chocolate lamington. If doing so you may need to add another 1/2 tablespoon maple to the recipe.
BLEND two lamington balls with 1 cup coconut water or coconut milk, 1 small banana and 1 cup ice for the most magnificent lamington smoothie.
More healthy recipes from Teresa Cutter
Shop The Story
Those that know me would probably describe me as being highly strung, driven, a workaholic,...