Raw Lamington Bites
By Teresa Cutter
What's great about it
Meet my latest creation.... the purely delicious Cashew + Vanilla Raw Lamington. I always listen to what my body is telling me and sometimes it just craves something delicately sweet that's also full of whole food goodness. You won't feel guilty indulging in these little treats as each is packed with whole food protein and they are free from refined sugars. The perfect healthy treat that satisfies that craving when you need something sweet.
Makes 24 balls
200 g raw cashew nuts
50 g almond meal
1 cup desiccated coconut
1/4 cup organic cold pressed coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
3 tablespoons maple syrup
2 tablespoons natural protein powder (optional)
Raw Chocolate Dipping Sauce
1/4 cup organic cold pressed coconut oil or cacao butter
1 tablespoon organic maple syrup
1 tablespoon coconut butter or tahini, room temperature
2 tablespoons Naked Chocolate or cacao
- Combine cashew nuts, coconut, almonds and salt into a food processor.
- Process for a few seconds or until the mixture looks like fine golden crumbs. If you are wanting to add more protein then please add 2 tablespoons of protein at this stage.
- Add vanilla, maple and coconut oil.
- Mix until the raw lamington comes together.
- Roll into small balls and set aside.
- Place coconut oil into a small bowl and sit over some freshly boiled water for a few seconds until it melts then remove quickly from the heat.
- Add the rest of the ingredients from the dipping sauce recipe and mix well - I normally use a small mini hand whisk.
- Dip lamingtons into the dipping sauce then roll into coconut.
- Store in the fridge (covered) for up to 1 week.
- Enjoy and delight.
Notes and Inspiration
For a variation of this recipe... omit the dipping sauce all together and add 2 tablespoons of Naked Chocolate to the base recipe before blending for a chocolate lamington. If doing so you may need to add another 1/2 tablespoon maple to the recipe.
BLEND two lamington balls with 1 cup coconut water or coconut milk, 1 small banana and 1 cup ice for the most magnificent lamington smoothie.