The Perfect Christmas Salad
What's great about it
This is one of the simplest salads of all time to create. It's from Purely Delicious and makes the perfect addition to a festive Christmas lunch. The flavour of this magnificent salad depends solely on the quality of the ingredients you use. I especially enjoy making this over the summer months, as juicy, ripe tomatoes are bountiful and at their seasonal best.
800 g (28 oz) sun-ripened tomatoes, juicy and at room temperature
2-4 balls buffalo mozzarella
Cold-pressed olive oil to drizzle around 2 - 4 tbsp
2 teaspoons lemon juice
Fresh torn basil leaves to garnish
Generous pinch of sea salt
Freshly ground black pepper
- Slice the tomatoes or cut into generous wedges.
- Place onto serving platter.
- Break up the mozzarella highly with your fingertips and mingle in amount the tomatoes.
- Drizzle over olive oil and a little lemon juice.
- Finish with sea salt, black pepper and torn basil leaves.
Notes and Inspiration
Serve with crusty sourdough.