The Perfect Christmas Salad
By Teresa Cutter
What's great about it
This is one of the simplest salads of all time to create. It's from Purely Delicious and makes the perfect addition to a festive Christmas lunch. The flavour of this magnificent salad depends solely on the quality of the ingredients you use. I especially enjoy making this over the summer months, as juicy, ripe tomatoes are bountiful and at their seasonal best.
800 g (28 oz) sun-ripened tomatoes, juicy and at room temperature
2-4 balls buffalo mozzarella
Cold-pressed olive oil to drizzle around 2 - 4 tbsp
2 teaspoons lemon juice
Fresh torn basil leaves to garnish
Generous pinch of sea salt
Freshly ground black pepper
- Slice the tomatoes or cut into generous wedges.
- Place onto serving platter.
- Break up the mozzarella highly with your fingertips and mingle in amount the tomatoes.
- Drizzle over olive oil and a little lemon juice.
- Finish with sea salt, black pepper and torn basil leaves.
Notes and Inspiration
Serve with crusty sourdough.