Delicious Raw Vegan Cookies
By Teresa Cutter
What's great about it
These delicious, raw vegan cookies are loaded with the protein, fibre and minerals that your body craves and thrives on. These cookies only take a couple of minutes to make and can be enjoyed as a quick healthy on the go meal or snack at any time of day. For a nut-free cookie, just substitute the nut butter for roasted sunflower seed butter or tahini - perfect for school lunchboxes.
Makes 16 cookies
200 g (7 oz) roasted peanut butter, almond butter, sunflower seed butter or tahini
150 g (5 oz) fresh dates, pitted
250 g (8 oz / 2 1/2 cups) organic rolled oats
50 g (1 3/4 oz / 1/2 cup) organic desiccated coconut
Pinch of sea salt
Pinch of cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
1-2 tablespoons of water to mix if needed
35 g (1 oz / 1/4 cup) pumpkin seeds to garnish
- COMBINE nut butter, dates, oats, coconut, protein, sea salt, cinnamon, and vanilla into a food processor.
- MIX until combined and until your mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- ADD a few tablespoons of water and mix again so that the cookies combine and stick together when pressed.
- FORM into cookies using a small ice-cream scoop or spoon.
- GARNISH pumpkin seeds over the top.
- SET in the fridge for at least 1 hour before eating.
- STORE in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Notes and Inspiration
Replace the nut butter with roasted sunflower seed butter or tahini to make it nut free.
Top your Raw Cookies with Goji berries, Chia seeds or Coconut flakes.