Flourless Salted Chocolate Cake
By Teresa Cutter
What's great about it
It's the perfect time to make my favourite Chocolate cake! It's simple to make and the secret to making this purely delicious is to use quality ingredients that taste absolutely amazing! This cake is perfect for after dinner parties and celebrations.
200 g good quality (70 %) dark eating chocolate such as Lindt
175 g good quality butter (see notes)
6 organic eggs - room temperature
2 tablespoon coconut sugar or raw honey
2 teaspoons natural vanilla extract or paste
good pinch sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 150°C.
- Lightly oil or butter your cake tin and line completely with baking paper. I used a 20 cm / 8 inch springform cake tin for this recipe.
- Melt the dark chocolate and the butter in a bowl, set over a pot of gentle simmering water.
- Stir the chocolate and butter well until melted then remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Add eggs into a mixing bowl fitted with a wire whisk.
- Beat for 10 - 15 minutes until light and creamy.
- Add sea salt, vanilla and sugar and beat until combined.
- Fold through half of the melted chocolate mixture through the beaten eggs and incorporate lightly, then add the rest of the melted chocolate and fold through gently until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking tin.
- Bake the cake for 35 minutes or until just set and springs back lightly when touched.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Place into the fridge to cool completely before removing from the tin.
- Serve straight from the fridge as it is or serve with smashed raspberry puree.
Notes and Inspiration
This is a very delicate - melt in the mouth cake. Serve in small delicate portions and take care when removing from the tin.
For a slightly firmer texture I sometimes add 1/4 cup coconut flour, almond meal or 1/4 cup Naked Chocolat.
I also love to make this cake as mini chocolate fondants and place into smaller individual ramekins for dinner parties. Use quality butter - cultured or grass fed to make this delicious cake.