By Teresa Cutter
What's great about it
I love making this strawberry crumble. It takes just a few minutes to create and can be served cold or warm with coconut sorbet or a dollop of thick organic yoghurt. My favourite way of eating it is simply with a dollop of yoghurt or cottage cheese and a teaspoon of honey for breakfast or throwing everything into the blender with a scoop of Healthy Chef Protein Powder and ground flaxseed for a delicious smoothie.
40 g (1 1/2 oz) raw almonds
40 g (1 1/2 oz) raw pistachio nut
½ - 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
5 fresh pitted dates
500 g (17 1/2 oz) fresh ripe strawberries
¼ teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- Combine almonds, pistachio, cinnamon and three fresh dates into a food processor.
- Process until you have a crumble like consistency. If you don’t have a food processor you can chop finely by hand.
- Blend 250 g (8 3/4 oz) of strawberries with the other 2 fresh dates and vanilla until smooth.
- Cut the other 250 g (8 3/4 oz) of strawberries into quarters.
- Combine the quartered strawberries with the blended puree.
- Divide into serving bowls.
- Top strawberries with the crumble.
- Serve and enjoy.
Notes and Inspiration
Blend any leftovers into the most delicious power smoothie. Just combine 1/2 cup strawberry crumble mix with 1 cup rice milk and 1 tablespoon of Organic Pea Protein and lots of ice.
Add a frozen banana or a teaspoon of tahini for added creaminess.
For a chocolate flavour and antioxidant boostm add 2 teaspoons Naked Chocolat.