Sugar-Free Protein Balls With Vanilla + Coconut
By Teresa Cutter
What's great about it
I love making protein balls and always have a batch in the fridge for when I crave something chocolatey and indulgent. Here's one particular sugar-free bliss ball recipe that is sure to satisfy and delight! It's simple - and only uses 3 core ingredients....the rest can be left to your imagination!
Makes 14 balls
1 cup (100 g ) Organic Coconut Butter or homemade - Macadamia nut Butter
1/2 cup (60 g ) Healthy Chef Protein
1/2 cup (50 g ) organic desiccated or flaked coconut
1/4 teaspoon vanilla bean powder or seeds from 1/4 vanilla pod
5 - 6 tablespoons cold filtered water
4 drops Organic liquid Stevia (optional ) - see notes below
Naked Dipping Chocolat: (for coating optional - its delicious)
3 tablespoons finely chopped cacao butter
2 tablespoons Naked Chocolat
- Combine coconut butter, protein, coconut and vanilla into a food processor.
- Mix for 1 minute or until the bowl of yumminess looks combined and resembles crumbs.
- Add water and stevia if using then mix again until the protein balls combine and can be formed into small luscious balls.
- Roll in extra coconut and place in the fridge to set or alternatively coat lightly in Naked Dipping Chocolat below.
- Gently melt the cacao butter in a small bowl over a pot of simmering water or in a cup.
- Stir in Naked Chocolat until combined.
- Taste and sweeten if necessary with a little stevia or your choice of sweetener.
- Dip each ball lightly into the Naked Chocolat and allow to set.
Notes and Inspiration
Replace 1/2 cup coconut butter with 1/2 cup macadamia butter - it gives the balls a lovely creamy flavour PLUS they are high in heart healthy anti-inflammatory mono-unsaturated fats similar to olive oil.
Decorate with your choice of sea salt - cacao nibs - freeze dried raspberries etc... delicious!
Both Healthy Chef Pure Native WPI and Healthy Chef Organic Pea Protein can be used in this recipe.
I use a little stevia in this recipe to make them sugar free - but hubby loves his with the addition of a little raw honey. I also love these balls with freshly made macadamia butter which gives them extra goodness and creaminess.