Chocolate Chip Cookies
By Teresa Cutter
What's great about it
The chocolate chip cookie is one of the most requested recipes I get... What I love about them is that it's full of almonds + macadamias which are fantastic sources of heart healthy anti-inflammatory fats and antioxidants such as vitamin E. Cocoa is high in minerals and antioxidants. When using cocoa or chocolate the darker the better!
150 g (1 ½ cups / 5 ¼ oz) almond meal
40 g (about 2 ½ - 3 tablespoons / 1 ½ oz) macadamia nut oil or coconut oil
40 g (about 2 tablespoons / 1 ½ oz) raw honey
½ teaspoon vanilla bean extract
50 g (1 ¾ oz) good quality dark chocolate - I used 85% dark organic chocolate - Organic Greens brand
- Combine almond meal, oil, honey and vanilla bean.
- Mix and form into a dough.
- Add a splash of water 1 - 2 teaspoons to help form a dough.
- Add chocolate and mix in.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or spoon form into 12 cookies.
- Press onto a baking tray lined with a sheet of baking paper. I also like to garnish with a little flaked almond before baking.
- Bake in a low 130 - 150 C oven for 20 - 30 minutes until golden.
- Cool completely before devouring. Enjoy!