Collagen Rich Miso Soup for Immune Health + Better Digestion
By Teresa Cutter
What's great about it
This is my immune-boosting miso soup from my cookbook Earth To Table, brimming with probiotics or “good bacteria”, which helps to boost immunity and balance gut bacteria. The addition of Healthy Chef Marine Collagen helps to heal the gut and support a healthy digestive system. Ginger is a delicious spice that has a potent antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. Studies show that miso is also a great source of probiotics and essential nutrients that support healthy digestion. A delicious anti-inflammatory, gut-healing and anti-ageing soup to enjoy at any time of the day.
4 cups (1L / 2 pints) filtered water
small knob (10g) finely sliced ginger
3 cloves garlic, smashed
2 tablespoons shiro miso paste
2 tablespoons wheat free tamari soy sauce
2 tablespoons of Healthy Chef Marine Collagen
nori seaweed to serve
2 spring onions, sliced to serve.
240 g (8 1/2 oz) organic firm silken tofu or steamed white fish to serve (optional)
1. Pour the water into a large stainless steel pot, turn on the heat and bring to the boil.
2. Add sliced ginger and smashed garlic, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes until the aromatics have infused into the stock.
3. Turn off the heat.
4. Add Healthy Chef Marine Collagen, miso and tamari and mix through.
5. Taste and adjust the aromatics if required, fold through spring onions just before serving.
6. Ladle miso soup into serving bowls and garnish with nori seaweed before serving.
7. Add warm steamed silken firm tofu or steamed white fish if desired.
Notes and Inspiration
Serve with steamed firm silken tofu and fresh chopped spring onions.
Add other vegetables such as sliced shitake mushrooms, baby spinach, broccoli or kale for a complete healthy meal.
More healthy recipes from Teresa Cutter
Shop The Story
I'm pleased to announce the launch of my new book 'Perfect Digestive Health". It's the...
What I love about making smoothies is that you get wholefood ingredients that are easily...
When I was a little, my great Aunt used to make this amazing Polish chicken...