Miso Soup for Glowing Skin + Better Digestion
What's great about it
This is my anti-ageing miso soup brimming with probiotics or “good bacteria”, which helps to boost immunity and balance gut bacteria. The addition of Healthy Chef Marine Collagen helps to support healthy, glowing skin. Ginger is a delicious spice that has a potent antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. Studies show that miso is also a great source of probiotics and essential nutrients that supports healthy digestion. A delicious anti-inflammatory, gut-healing and anti-ageing soup to enjoy at any time of the day.
4 cups (1L / 2 pints) filtered water
small knob (10g) finely sliced ginger
3 cloves garlic, smashed
2 tablespoons shiro miso paste
2 tablespoons wheat free tamari soy sauce
2 tablespoons of Healthy Chef Marine Collagen
nori seaweed to serve
2 spring onions, sliced to serve.
240 g (8 1/2 oz) organic firm silken tofu or steamed white fish to serve (optional)
1. Pour the water into a large stainless steel pot, turn on the heat and bring to the boil.
2. Add sliced ginger and smashed garlic, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes until the aromatics have infused into the stock.
3. Turn off the heat.
4. Add Healthy Chef Marine Collagen, miso and tamari and mix through.
5. Taste and adjust the aromatics if required, fold through spring onions just before serving.
6. Ladle miso soup into serving bowls and garnish with nori seaweed before serving.
7. Add warm steamed silken firm tofu or steamed white fish if desired.
Notes and Inspiration
Serve with steamed firm silken tofu and fresh chopped spring onions.
Add other vegetables such as sliced shitake mushrooms, baby spinach, broccoli or kale for a complete healthy meal.