Collagen-rich Miso Soup
What's great about it
Collagen-rich Miso soup from the Healthy Chef App, brimming with probiotics to support the gut.
4 cups (1L / 2 pints) filtered water
small knob (10g) finely sliced ginger
3 cloves garlic, smashed
2 tablespoons shiro miso paste
2 tablespoons wheat free tamari soy sauce
2 tablespoons of Healthy Chef Marine Collagen or Healthy Chef Pure Collagen
nori seaweed to serve
2 spring onions, sliced to serve.
240 g (8 1/2 oz) organic firm silken tofu or steamed white fish to serve (optional)
1. Pour the water into a large stainless steel pot, turn on the heat and bring to the boil.
2. Add sliced ginger and smashed garlic, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes until the aromatics have infused into the stock.
3. Turn off the heat.
4. Add Healthy Chef Marine Collagen, miso and tamari and mix through.
5. Taste and adjust the aromatics if required, fold through spring onions just before serving.
6. Ladle miso soup into serving bowls and garnish with nori seaweed before serving.
7. Add warm steamed silken firm tofu or steamed white fish if desired.
Notes and Inspiration
Serve with steamed firm silken tofu and fresh chopped spring onions.
Add other vegetables such as sliced shitake mushrooms, baby spinach, broccoli or kale for a complete healthy meal.