Cauliflower Fried Rice With Turmeric, Ginger + Tamari Roasted Almonds
What's great about it
This cauliflower fried rice is one of my favourite meals to make at home and it takes around 5 minutes to create. My secret is to use a generous amount of anti-inflammatory aromatics. Ginger and turmeric are king and take centre stage in the beginning of creating this wonderful meal. Cauliflower is also rich in sulphur that works as an anti-inflammatory. It also supports healthy digestion and boosts your immune system. Parsley, mint and coriander help to stimulate digestive function and support the liver to detoxify the body.
1 medium cauliflower
6 leaves, finely shredded kale
1 tablespoon cold pressed organic coconut oil
2 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
2 tablespoons fresh grated turmeric or 1 generous teaspoon of dry turmeric
2 bunches coriander, stem and leaves chopped separately
Splash of coconut water or water
1 green chilli, sliced (optional )
6 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
1 bunch parsley, chopped
1 bunch mint, chopped
2 handfuls Tamari Roasted Almonds - roughly chopped
1 tbsp tamari soy sauce
1 tbsp mirin
2 organic eggs
- Chop the cauliflower into small pieces and place into a food processor.
- Process until it looks like white rice. If you don't have a food processor, you can also do this on a hand grater.
- Heat the coconut in a pan over a medium to high heat.
- Add ginger, turmeric and coriander root then stir fry for a few seconds until aromatics are released.
- Add the cauliflower and kale and stir fry for a few minutes until hot and fragrant.
- Deglaze the pan and add a splash of coconut water or water to the pan.
- Add 2 beaten organic eggs and mix through.
- Add spring onion, coriander, parsley, mint, tamari and mirin.
- Fold through tamari almonds and pumpkin seeds. Squeeze over a little lime.
- Serve alone or with a side of kimchi, or steamed white fish.