Collagen Beauty Balls
By Teresa Cutter
What's great about it
155 g (1 1/2 cups / 5 oz almond meal
100 g (1 cup / 3 1/2 oz) desiccated coconut + extra for rolling
1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric or 1 teaspoon Natural Immune Support
1 orange, zest and juice
155 g (5 oz) dried apricot
1 tablespoon extra virgin avocado or olive oil
1 tablespoon pure maple syrup or a little stevia to sweeten
1. COMBINE almond meal, desiccated coconut, collagen, turmeric, zest from 1 orange and the dried apricot into a food processor.
2. PROCESS until combined. The mix should be moist, golden and crumbly.
3. SPOON the mix into a mixing bowl, then add the avocado oil, maple syrup and the juice from one orange.
4. SQUISH together with your hands until you have a soft delicious ball, adding more orange juice or water if required for mixing.
5. ROLL into balls then in desiccated coconut.
6. REFRIGERATE for 1 hour before serving and enjoy.
Notes and Inspiration
Add a spoonful of protein powder in place of marine collagen.
More healthy recipes from Teresa Cutter
Shop The Story
This latte is my anti-ageing tonic that is rich in collagen protein and antioxidants. Healthy...
A restorative salad rich in minerals to alkalise and detoxify the body. This is one...
This scrumptious ball makes a perfect healthy breakfast on the run. I often make a...