FLOURLESS BANANA + PROTEIN MUFFINS
By Teresa Cutter
What's great about it
These muffins are simple to make - all you need to do is throw the ingredients into a blender and blend before spooning into muffin cups to bake.
The added spoonful of Healthy Chef Protein makes this snack a TOTAL WELLNESS BOOST in every bite. The body-nourishing mix of ripe banana, Healthy Chef Protein and a touch of cinnamon keeps sugar levels balanced - a low-glycemic indulgence. Gluten-free, high in protein and fibre to support a healthy microbiome.
400 g (14 oz) ripe bananas
4 fresh dates, pitted
6 organic eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
60 ml (2 fl oz/ 1/4 cup) cold pressed olive oil
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
70 g (1/2 cup/ 2 1/2 oz) coconut flour
30 g (1 oz/1/4 ) ground golden flaxseeds
2 tablespoons Healthy Chef Protein
- PREHEAT oven to 160° C fan-forced.
- COMBINE bananas, dates, coconut oil, cinnamon, vanilla, eggs and baking powder into a blender until combined.
- ADD the coconut flour, Healthy Chef Protein and flaxseeds and mix through.
- REST for 10 minutes to allow the flax seed and coconut flour to expand in the batter.
- SPOON batter into 12 lined muffin tins.
- BAKE for 35 - 40 minutes.
Notes and Inspiration
Wonderful spread with silky tahini and a drizzle of honey or rice malt syrup.
More healthy recipes from Teresa Cutter
Shop The Story
This smoothie bowl is low FODMAP and low in sugar PLUS it's rich in superfood...