Flourless Banana + Protein Muffins
What's great about it
These muffins are simple to make - all you need to do is throw the ingredients into a blender and blend before spooning into muffin cups to bake.
The added spoonful of Healthy Chef Protein makes this snack a TOTAL WELLNESS BOOST in every bite. The body-nourishing mix of ripe banana, Healthy Chef Protein and a touch of cinnamon keeps sugar levels balanced - a low-glycemic indulgence. Gluten-free, high in protein and fibre to support a healthy microbiome.
400 g (14 oz) ripe bananas
4 fresh dates, pitted
6 organic eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
60 ml (2 fl oz/ 1/4 cup) cold pressed olive oil
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
70 g (1/2 cup/ 2 1/2 oz) coconut flour
30 g (1 oz/1/4 ) ground golden flaxseeds
2 tablespoons Healthy Chef Protein
- PREHEAT oven to 160° C fan-forced.
- COMBINE bananas, dates, coconut oil, cinnamon, vanilla, eggs and baking powder into a blender until combined.
- ADD the coconut flour, Healthy Chef Protein and flaxseeds and mix through.
- REST for 10 minutes to allow the flax seed and coconut flour to expand in the batter.
- SPOON batter into 12 lined muffin tins.
- BAKE for 35 - 40 minutes.
Notes and Inspiration
Wonderful spread with silky tahini and a drizzle of honey or rice malt syrup.