Gluten Free Zucchini Fritters
By Teresa Cutter
What's great about it
When I'm pushed for time and need to create a meal that's quick, healthy + purely delicious, I make zucchini fritters. What I love about these is that they not only taste great but they marry with so many of my favourite ingredients such as Persian feta, baby spinach, lemon + avocado. Enjoy them hot or cold - perfect for breakfast, picnics or take to work lunch boxes.
What is great about it
The delicate creamy flavour of zucchini means you can enjoy them raw in salads or cooked such as in my low carb spaghetti bolognaise. Low in fat and carbs and a good source of protein + fibre that fills you up + keeps blood sugars steady, making zucchini a perfect food if you're watching your weight.
1 cup green peas
1 bunch parsley chopped
1 bunch mint chopped
4 spring onions, sliced
good pinch sea salt
generous grind of black pepper
zest of 1 lemon
3 organic eggs
½ cup almond meal (see notes on alternatives)
- Grate the zucchini and place into a colander.
- Sprinkle with a just little sea salt and mix through (not too much salt just a nice pinch).
- Sit for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze out all the moisture from the zucchini with your hands - I like to grab handfuls and squeeze out as much liquid as I can.
- Place the zucchini in a large bowl.
- Add parsley, mint, peas, spring onion, pepper, lemon zest, eggs and almond meal or the other alternative flours if using.
- Mix well until combined. At this stage, it's good to test cook a fritter to make sure it holds together well. Add a touch more almond meal or alternative flour if you need it.
- Cook fritters in a pan over a medium heat in a little olive oil for 2 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- Serve and Enjoy.
Notes and Inspiration
- 50 g of brown rice flour or chickpea flour can replace the almond meal
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour can replace the almond meal
Serve fritters with the following:
- Persian feta or Labna
- Sumac roasted cherry tomato
- Smoked salmon + lemon
- Avocado + baby spinach + Salsa Verde
More healthy recipes from Teresa Cutter
Shop The Story
Shop The Story
THE COOK'S CLASSIC STYLE APRON I'm inspired by the timeless look of French design and...
One of my favourite one-pot meals is spaghetti bolognese. I love it because it's nourishing...
Here's my popular healthy version of a beef pie. This is based on a traditional...