Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes
What's great about it
These guilt free chocolate cupcakes are loaded with all things wholesome and good. They take just a few minutes to make and are the perfect indulgent treat when that mid afternoon chocolate craving hits. I've used almond meal in this recipe which makes these cupcakes gluten free and deliciously moist. Using olive oil or macadamia nut oil adds a lovely flavour that compliments the cocoa and they are both rich in good heart healthy monounsaturated fats. Serve as they are or dollop them with chocolate frosting such as my ganache or healthy chocolate mousse.
Cocoa is rich in magnesium, iron, copper, manganese, riboflavin and essential micronutrients for health and vitality. The high flavenoid content of cocoa has been scientifically linked to a reduced risk of heart disease, stroke and diabetes. Cocoa contains theobromine that boost endorphins and increases mental alertness. Olive oil is my number-one favourite and I use it liberally in all types of cooking.. A splash of vanilla helps relax the nervous system and enhances mental performance.
1 ½ cups almond meal
¼ cup Naked Chocolat or cocoa powder
1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
2 organic eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract / 1 teaspoon of vanilla paste
¼ cup olive oil or macadamia nut oil
¼ cup milk of your choice
2 tablespoons raw honey or organic maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 160 C/320 F.
- Combine almond meal, Naked Chocolat and baking powder.
- Add the eggs, oil, vanilla, milk and honey then mix well to form a smooth batter.
- Spoon into 12 small individual cupcake tins.
- Bake for 25 minutes until puffed and cooked through - make sure not to overcook.
- Serve alone or topped with ganache, chocolate mousse, greek yoghurt or raspberry puree.