Green Garden Salad With Persian Feta + Lemon Scented Dressing
By Teresa Cutter
What's great about it
This is one of my favourite salads at the moment. I love the fact that it can be eaten both raw or lightly blanched for 15 seconds to still keep it crisp and delicious. Peas are a great vegetable source of protein that helps to fuel and repair your body, build lean muscle and supports your immune system as well as weight loss. Peas are also high in fibre and great for weight control because they are low GI, help keep you full and keep blood sugars stable.
2 cups (280 g/ 9 3/4 oz) green peas, fresh, raw or frozen
2 handfuls (200 g / 7 oz) sugar snap peas
1 handful, snow pea shoots, micro greens or sprouts such as broccoli or alfalfa
20 g Goats or Persian feta
1 x Dressing (see below)
2 tablespoon lemon juice
4 tablespoons cold-pressed olive oil
You can choose to enjoy this salad raw or slightly blanched... if raw just omit the first steps otherwise read on...
- Blanch your peas and sugar snaps for 15 seconds or until the colour changes to bright green.
- Drain and rinse under cool water or plunge into a bowl of iced water to cool quickly.
- Combine peas, sugar snaps and snow pea shoots into a large bowl.
- Pour over the dressing and toss through.
- Divide into serving plates and top with Persian feta.
- Combine dressing ingredients until creamy looking. Taste and adjust accordingly according to your palate.
- Drizzle over the salad and enjoy.