Healthy Anzac Biscuits
By Teresa Cutter
What's great about it
While Anzac biscuits are traditionally made with lots of white flour and sugar, this healthy recipe from my award-winning cookbook, Healthy Baking, is based on a combination of rolled oats and heart-healthy olive oil. Serve alongside shaken iced Healthy Chef Turmeric Latte for added antioxidants and an uplifting healthy boost.
Makes 20 small biscuits
175 g (1 ½ cups) organic rolled oats
60 g (1/2 cup) organic desiccated coconut
60 g (1/2 cup) chopped almonds
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons raw honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon water
- PREHEAT your oven to 160°C fan-forced.
- COMBINE oats, coconut and almonds into a food processor.
- ADD oil, honey, vanilla and baking soda.
- MIX well until just combined.
- ADD the water and process again.
- FORM into 20 small biscuits and place onto a lined baking tray.
- FLATTEN down with enough room around each biscuit.
- BAKE for 20 minutes until golden brown.
- COOL completely before eating and enjoy.
Notes and Inspiration
I use a food processor to combine mine, but you can also just throw the dry ingredients into a bowl and mix well with your hands until a biscuit dough is formed and it starts to stick together when pressed. The more you work the oats, the more they'll stick together.
Store in an airtight container for 5 days.
Serve alongside shaken iced Healthy Chef Turmeric Latte for added antioxidants and an uplifting healthy boost.